Linda's fanfiction: Star Trek Voyager,
Stargate SG-1, and
Bindner farm: Bindner links That's not really the house I grew up in.
If you are interested in following Linda's stroke recovery and the boring
details of our lives, there is a blog dedicated to them at lindabindner.blogspot.com It
doesn't get updated any more, so it's primarily of historical interest now.
Information about classes Don is teaching this semester at Truman State is
Stuff to get involved in
High Altitude Balloon stuff
For the 2015 Great Plains Super Launch I designed a new APRS beacon radio, after one of our team members lost a balloon earlier in the year.
- My circuit for a high altitude balloon radio based on the DRA818U or DRA818V chip and the NavSpark GPS module.
- My circuit for the DRA818 daughter card that plugs into my master balloon radio circuit board (so you can easily change between VHF and UHF transmitters.)
- Small circuit for an in system programmer header to make it easier to program MicroAPRS onto the BalloonRadio circuit board.
- NavSpark/ - Scripts I used to set the fuses on the Atmega328p (I used an 8 MHz chip, even though the schematic shows 12 MHz), and for burning my modified copy of MicroAPRS. Both assume the USBTinyISP programmer.
- MicroAPRS/ - This patch applies against revision 777a0806f6766a9751b6b9f71ed115933674fe27 from the MicroAPRS git repository.
- MicroAprs/Navspark - source code for the NavSpark to communicate with the DRA818 radio module and the MicroAPRS module. Don't forget to put your own amateur radio call sign in the proper place in the code!
- dms/ - Degrees/Minutes/Seconds conversions.
FSCK - Free Software Club of Kirksville
The Free Software Club no longer meets. If students are interested in reforming the club, they should contact me.
- Calculus Made Easy by Silvanus P. Thompson. Scans of this out-of-copyright book. Read it online.
- Free software Things I have written for DOS over the years.
- Linux software More free stuff I have written, only for Linux.
- Other stuff Other useful stuff, including my VI reference card.
- MSP430 Launchpad An MSP430 hello world program, and some fun other experiments.
- Recommended tools My take on the tools you'd want for working on electronics and microcontroller projects.
- GnuPG public key If you want to encrypt a message for me.
- W3C Check the syntax of web pages for errors you might not notice with a browser.
- WDG Another web validator, by the Web Design Group.
Operating systems and Free Software
- Debian Linux done the Linux way.
- Ubuntu Derived from Debian, this probably the most currently-popular version of Linux. I don't like the way the Desktop has been going since around 2012, so I've started switching machines back to Debian, but Ubuntu is still worth considering.
- Slashdot: News for nerds, stuff that
- distributed.net Spend that spare computer time finding Golomb rulers.
- Folding@Home Protein-folding research "from genome to structure".